Chicken Pasta in Creamy White Wine Parmesan Cheese Sauce will remind you of your favorite Italian dining experience!
Italian seasoning, white wine and Parmesan cheese come together as one to flavor this creamy chicken pasta combination.
With only 30 minutes of total work, it’s simple, fast and delicious! It almost sounds too easy to be as good as it is.
This chicken spaghetti recipe calls for 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts and 12 oz of spaghetti. Use thin chicken breasts. If you can’t find thin ones, just butterfly thick ones. Tenderizing works too, even though I didn’t tenderize mine, just got thin ones from the store.
Chicken Pasta in Creamy White Wine Parmesan Cheese Sauce will remind you of your favorite Italian dining experience! Italian seasoning, white wine and Parmesan cheese come together as one to flavor this creamy chicken pasta combination. With only 30 minutes of total work, it’s simple, fast and delicious!
IngredientsFor cooking chicken:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts paper towel dried
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 oz of spaghetti
—White Wine Parmesan Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 small tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- COOKING CHICKEN BREASTS: Paper towel dry the chicken. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Stir well to blend. Using a fork or tongs, coat the chicken breasts in the flour mixture by pressing into the mixture with tongs and then flipping the chicken over to coat the other side. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, place flour coated chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, turning once between cooking, about 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- MAKING WHITE WINE PARMESAN SAUCE: Add 4 tablespoons butter, 1 diced yellow onion and 4 minced garlic cloves to pan. Cook on medium high until onions and garlic are translucent, about 2 minutes. Add 2 chopped scallions and 2 diced tomatoes. Add 1 tablespoon flour to pan and whisk to combine. Add 1 cup heavy cream, 1 cup wine, 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon red pepper. Bring mixture to a simmering point and then add ½ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. Use a whisk or a wooden spoon and mix it in until you have a smooth mixture.
- COOKING PASTA: Cook 12 oz of spaghetti according to your package instructions in salty water. I like pasta that is neither too hard nor too soft, so I always cook it Al Dente. Drain, but do not rinse.
- PUTTING THE DISH TOGETHER: Add cooked pasta to the skillet with the sauce and stir to combine on low heat for 2-4 minutes. Taste and add salt, if needed. Return chicken to skillet on top of the pasta and allow it to warm up for an additional 5 minutes. Serve chicken either on top or next to pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.