Hormonal imbalance is a common condition in these modern times, which is usually accompanied by the following symptoms: fatigue, weight gain, constipation, brittle nails, thinning hair, menstrual dysfunction, and sexual dysfunction.
Let us specify each symptom separately as they represent different type of hormonal imbalance.
Hormone Imbalance Symptoms
- A combination of fatigue and poor sleep indicate a problem with the adrenals, which are glands in charge of stress hormones production.
- Experiencing fatigue, but accompanied with symptoms such as constipation, weight gain, thinning hair and brittle nails suggest thyroid issues, and this gland is accountable for the production of the thyroid hormone.
- Menstrual and menopausal issues are symptoms of imbalances with the sex hormones: progesterone, testosterone, and estrogen, which result in weight gain and fatigue.
- Weight gain as well as is an indication of improper diet consisted of too many sweets and starches. In this case appears carbohydrate-intolerance due to the excessive consumption of crabs, which makes people insulin “resistant”.
If you feel and look ill it does not mean that it is related to your age as no matter what your age is these are not normal symptoms. This condition is a sign that there is something wrong with your hormones.
Even a regular check up of blood sugar, adrenals, and thyroid, which displays that everything is normal, is not a sure indication for proper hormonal balance.
Therefore, you need to find a way how to balance your hormones. In this article we shall show you 10 tips how to balance your hormones, no matter of your age.
10 Ways to Fix Hormonal Imbalance
- Lower the intake of sweets and starches
Too much sweets and starches can overburden the function of hormones. Therefore, you need to limit their intake, or you can simply try to remove them for your diet for a couple of weeks so that you can see the reaction of your body.
- Consume more healthy fats
Let go of that overly present fat phobia as regular consumption of healthy fats can stimulate the production of hormones which subdue food cravings increasing the feeling of satiety, and as well as boost energy.
- Avoid the consumption of reactive, inflammatory foods
Inflammatory foods are all processed foods, sugar, and gluten, which greatly impact our body through the gut, endocrine and immune system.
- Lower the intake of high sugar fruits, grains, and legumes for two weeks
Many people are carbohydrate-intolerant without even knowing it. The excessive consumption of these carbohydrates can cause metabolic issues and because of that you cannot process them adequately or you will become insulin resistant.
- Take care of your microbiome
The consumption of fermented foods and fiber are very good for the gut. They support good bacteria and eliminate the bad ones. Furthermore, they will boost your digestion and enhance hormone function.
- Reduce the intake of stimulants
Too much caffeine consumption, no matter if it is in a form of coffee, soda, energy drink or tea can impede with the function of hormones, which takes key role in the restorative sleep.
- Improve your sleeping patterns
Sleep deprivation can negatively affect the whole body, and it impedes the body’s ability to release the hormones vital for restoring and refreshing the cells. If your body does not get the required rest, then your brain and body will rapidly age.
- Limit the intake of medications
Over-the-counter drugs and prescribed medications can stress out the microbiome thus causing hormonal imbalance. For that reason, try to avoid their use as much as possible. However, if you have to take them, ensure to avoid long-term exposure and take the smallest dose.
- Remove the chemicals from everyday life
We are living in era filled with chemicals, they are everywhere in the water, food, household cleaners, and cosmetics. But, we need to find a way how to eliminate them from our life and turn to natural products as constant exposure to these harmful chemicals can inhibit the proper function of hormones thus leading to numerous health issues.
- Try to relax
This is of great importance as it will help to balance your hormones and as well as maintain your optimal body health. You can try yoga, regular meditation or simply watch a good movie, dance, and laugh and hang out with your friends.