SLOW COOKER CREAMY SAUSAGE AND POTATO SOUP RECIPE
One thing I love about the fall is the excuse to make life easy by making tons of slow cooker recipes. This creamy sausage potato soup is the perfect way to fill you up on a blustery fall day, and is rich and creamy. Each bite is loaded with sliced andouille sausage, tender potatoes and cheddar cheese. The aroma your kitchen will have while this cooks slowly throughout the day will have your family lining up to grab a bowl when it’s done.
Growing up in Washington state we had our fair share of gloomy days, and cold nights, that’s why I always loved when my Mom would break out the slow cooker, because I new something warm and delicious was going to be waiting for us the next day.
This sausage potato soup takes me back to those days and that is why I love to share comfort food recipes with my family and friends, the nostalgia it brings back is priceless.
IS IT SAFE TO LEAVE A SLOW COOKER ON AND GO OUT?
- Yes. Slow cookers/crock pots are safe for cooking long periods of time while sitting on your countertop.
- They use a very low wattage which allows you to cook with them over an 8-10 hour period of time while not being in the house.
HOW TO MAKE SAUSAGE POTATO SOUP?
- Using a 6qt slow cooker add cubed potatoes, sliced sausage, vegetable broth, diced onions, minced garlic, onion powder, garlic salt, and garlic pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- 30 minutes before soup is done, whisk together cornstarch and milk and pour into slow cooker. Cover and finish cooking.
- Once done, add grated cheese and sour cream. Stir to combine and allow a few minutes for cheese to melt. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
WHAT ARE THE TWO BASIC KINDS OF SOUP?
- There are two basic kinds of soup, thick and clear.
- Thick soups contain a creamy base such as Crock Pot Cheesy Ham and Potato soup or Broccoli Cheese Soup.
- Clear soups are made from broths or stocks that are flavored such as this Hamburger Soup or Easy Tuscan Soup.
CAN YOU FREEZE POTATO SAUSAGE SOUP?
Yes. Make sure to let the soup cool and then place in an airtight container or gallon zip lock bag.
Be sure to label the container or bag with the name, potato sausage soup, and write the date so you know when you made it. Frozen soup can last between 4 to 6 months if properly stored.
So if you are looking for a creamy based soup that is delicious and will keep well in the freezer, this sausage potato soup recipe is what you need.
Tis the season to make soup and this Slow Cooker Creamy Sausage Potato Soup Recipe is going to be perfect to warm the soul and fill you up.
- 3 russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1inch cubes
- 4 cups sliced Andouille sausage sauté until slightly browned
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups corn frozen or fresh
- 1 cup onions diced
- 4 tsp garlic minced
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp garlic pepper or black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Fresh cut parsley to garnish
IN A 6QT SLOW COOKER ADD INGREDIENTS THROUGH ONION POWDER AND COOK ON LOW FOR 6 HOURS. 30 MINUTES BEFORE SOUP IS DONE, WHISK TOGETHER CORNSTARCH AND MILK AND POUR INTO SOUP. COVER AND FINISH COOKING.
ONCE DONE ADD GRATED CHEESE AND SOUR CREAM. STIR TO COMBINE AND ALLOW A FEW MINUTES FOR CHEESE TO MELT. SERVE HOT WITH FRESHLY CUT PARSLEY.
If corn is fresh add in 1 hour before cooking time is done. If frozen add in with all the ingredients at the same time. course: MAIN COURSEcuisine: AMERICANkeyword: SLOW COOKER CREAMY SAUSAGE AND POTATO SOUP RECIPEauthor: SHANNON
Calories: 661kcal, Carbohydrates: 21g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 51g, Saturated Fat: 22g, Cholesterol: 133mg, Sodium: 1768mg, Potassium: 793mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 15%, Vitamin C: 15.1%, Calcium: 35%, Iron: 25.5%